Tuesday 13 January 2009

Fitness goals

My short term fitness goals are;
  • to squat half my body weight, currently I can do a third
  • to do a chin-up and pull-up from fully extended
  • to clean and press 20kg (currently at 15)
  • to learn proper push-ups and do more than 10
  • one legged squats (without looking totally uncoordinated..)
  • to start doing burpees with the push-ups
  • to do a plank for 2.30 minutes
After I've managed that..
  • Squat 2/3 my body weight
  • 2 reps of fully extended chin/pull-ups
  • clean and press 25kg
  • 25 push-ups strict form
  • 15 one legged squats each leg
  • to get 50 burpees under 2.30 (with good form)
  • to do a plank for 3 minutes
To reach these goals I'm aiming for at least two strength sessions and one conditioning session per week and I hope to achieve the first set of goals before summer.

3 comments:

  1. One of my goals for this year is to be able to do 10 push-ups. Currently I can't even do 1!!

    Good luck with your goals!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! You sound super fit!

    The closest I get to any of your goals is watching 'World Strongest Man' on telly at Christmas! Teehee!

    Good luck! >:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe I'm not far past you, I can manage 2 or 3 at the moment, my boyfriend works out a lot so I just join in sometimes, he's much more focussed than me, I'll have to post some pics of my bedroom we have a cool workout corner so we don't have to get gym memberships :)

    ReplyDelete