Monday 20 April 2009

Pizza Night!

What two posts in one day after nothing for so long?! Yeah... I know! I've been meaning to upload these pictures for aaaages! These are the pizzas Mike and I made about a week and a half ago now!!
Veg ready for roasting (in the oven at 200c for about 20 minutes then 230 for 20)


Wholemeal and yeast free pizza dough
Makes 2 mini pizzas (thin crust)

1cup wholemeal flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water

Mix the dry ingredients then add the water, roll out into one big pizza or two mini pizzas and pre-bake the base for about 10 minutes just to help it cook, top with your choice of toppings and put it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the base is crispy and yummy!


The topping station!
Grilled tofu
kalamata olives
sundried tomatoes
red pepper
mushrooms
not pictured but used;
hummous (me)
fake tuna (Mike)


The base with tomato puree, oregano, rosemary and onion powder


add some mushrooms


and sweetcorn


Mike added mushrooms, sweetcorn, red pepper and fake tuna


He couldn't help but lick the spoon (caught ya!)


Next up for mine was some grilled tofu


Sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives and red pepper


Almost ready for the oven (mine had a few dollops of hummous added before cooking but I forgot to take a pic oops!)



Roasted veg from the oven



Being served up by Mike, served with some homemade ketchup. We were going to have these with the pizza but someone couldn't wait..not me haha!


The kitchen was pretty messy by this point!!


Finished pizzas



Managed to snap a quick pic of Mike's as he impatiently waited to eat it!


And here's mine


Yummy!

If anyone remembers me stressing a few posts back about a clarinet exam I got my results this week, I passed with distinction :) what a relief! I didn't think I had played my best, I never do, I'm always so nervous!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your clarinet exam! It feels so good to know you did well on something after worrying about it for awhile, ya know?

    Those pizzas loo AMAZING, and HUGE! Love it :)

    <3Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pizza looks amazing!!! it's such a fun food to make and to eat :D you did amazing on your clarinet exam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - could you get any more stuff on a pizza? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...those pizzas look tasty! I'm having pizza for dinner tonight and I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that pizza looks really good. I haven't made pizza in a while, might be time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your clarinet exam! I'm sure it's a relief to be done with it!

    Amazing pizzas! So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pizzas are making me wish it were pizza night at my house! They look smashing.
    Congrats on your exam - that is really something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete