1 medium banana
1 small avocado
1 T rice milk
1/4 t apple cider vinegar
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 T baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
- pre-heat the oven to 205c/400f
- blend the wet ingredient (should come to around 7 tablespoons)
- sift the dry into the wet
- form a dough and roll out onto a floured surface (I like to roll it onto parchment which I then use to roll it up as the dough is fragile)
- take a third of a cup of date paste (made by blending dates with just enough water to cover, hot water helps them blend quicker) mix a generous half tablespoon of cinnamon into the date paste and spread on the dough.
- roll up using the parchment and chop into slices
- for extra sweetness sprinkle with xylitol
- bake for 16 minutes
Green cinnabuns and skinny mini glo-buns in the background
skinny mini glo-buns with green cinnabuns in the background
Skinny mini glo-bun
If you like the look of these desserts Sweet Freedom would be a great cookbook for you, I'm really hoping to get a copy soon but I'm short of money at the moment. :( sadface! Anyway if I'm lucky I will win a copy! Check out Shelly's blog, to win a copy and you can also be in with a chance of winning the book over at The Healthy Green Kitchen, fingers crossed!
Here's some yummy pasta I made by reducing lots of cherry tomatoes with garlic, mushrooms and spinach, I then added mange tout, green olives which were stuffed with sunblush tomatoes, sweetcorn and fresh basil, yum, yum, yum! The pasta is wholewheat with extra protein from ground lentils and chickpeas. Fairly simple but really tasty!
Stay tuned for a workout post soon.. I did an absolute killer of a workout on Tuesday!